Thursday, April 25, 2013

Two Awesome Covers (Paper Gods series)

When I wake up in the mornings the only thing I want or think about it coffee...So that's the perfect time to ask me to do things I don't want to do because I'll agree just so I don't have to listen to you. Believe me, after 5 hours of sleep a night max things when you first wake up are on another level. One I don't reach until I drink coffee.Sometimes I end up thinking that since I hate my class I can look up more book stuff, blogs or what not until its quarter till...















So this morning in an attempt to procrastinate taking my final exam in class, I sipped my coffee slowly and found a new cover for Shadow by Amanda Sun allowing myself just enough time to get to class before 9 (side-note my professor was 20 minutes late. Annoying). Which is actually a prequel to Ink in her Paper Gods series.   Plus I love cover art and these covers Harlequin chose are beautiful and intriguing. Onto the sharing part. Yay me!

And I really can' explain why I love them so much, but I do. Purple is my favorite color so that may be one point. Could also be the originality, so many covers have peoples faces plastered across them that it is nice to see a book without a couple on the cover.

Shadow Synopsis

Meet two teens whose worlds are about to change forever in this paranormal Young Adult novella, a prequel to Ink by debut author Amanda Sun…

Katie Greene’s worst nightmare comes true when her mother dies, and she’s devastated to learn that she will have to leave the only home she’s ever known. Desperate to find where she belongs, she must decide if she has what it takes to start a new life across the ocean.

For Yuu Tomohiro, every day is a nightmare. He struggles to control his strange ability, and keeps everyone at a distance so they won’t get hurt—even his girlfriend, Myu. At night, a shadow haunts his dreams, and a mysterious woman torments him with omens of death and destruction. But these haunting premonitions are only the beginning…(less)
ebook
Expected publication: June 1st 2013 by Harlequin TEEN

Yes, that's right. I love her so I just wanted to put her in my post BUT I'm about to put Ink's cover below and they tie together and follow the same theme nicely. Since this series is mixing Japanese themes and paranomal elements together I'm really excited to read it. The fact that the covers look like brush strokes fits the story line as well.


**FYI I am aware that this is the UK cover but its so much prettier than our cover. Which I'll share as well but the UK cover gets my vote.

Here's the US cover. Tell me what you think!


Now here's a little teaser from Ink for you:

I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.





4 comments:

  1. Hey Mallory-
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog Coffee and Characters earlier today! I love your blogger background, the color is fantastic!
    New Follower on Networked Blogs and G+
    -Danielle @ Coffee and Characters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, I'm so glad you like it!
      I appreciate the follow
      <3 Happy Reading
      Mallory

      Delete
  2. Hello♥

    Thank you for following my blog :)..now following you on Networked Blogs and G+.

    ~Happy reading♥

    TalkingSushiMonster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! First I love your Blog. Second, I love the UK Cover the best. Thanks for the comparison! Take Care

    ReplyDelete