Friday, June 7, 2013

The Crimson Key Excerpt and Spotlight


Blurb



Some secrets should never be revealed…

Brylee Branson begrudgingly made the excruciating move with her family from the warm sandy beaches of California to small town living in New Jersey. As if she wasn’t miserable enough, they’ve moved into a creepy old house that everyone in the area claims is haunted. Brylee dismisses the idea of ghosts and hauntings, until she begins to see and hear things that can’t be explained…



Brylee has no choice but to seek the help of new friends to unlock the secrets of this place she now calls home. But some secrets should never be revealed. Can the teens find a way to release the spirits imprisoned within the walls? Or will the curse claim them, too?

Excerpt



Hearing the hinges squeak, I realized my door was opening. I shoved my face into my pillow, unable to speak to my mom about anything right now. I didn’t know how long I had slept and I didn’t care. I wanted only to be left alone for a little while. Cold air entered the room and I pulled the covers over my head. "I don’t want to talk," I mumbled. There was no response, so I lifted my head, checking to see if the coast was clear. My face was met with another and it wasn’t my mom. She stared into my eyes, the fair-haired woman that I had seen last week. I gasped as she pulled out her comb and started to brush my hair. I felt sick and scared. What the hell was she doing?

"So beautiful. So perfect," she whispered. "I would kill for hair like yours. I would kill to be you."

"Who. Are. You?" I managed to say. She smiled a wicked smile that showed rotten teeth behind her beautiful lips. I cringed, pulling away from her, and she dropped the brush on the floor.

"Look what you made me do!" she yelled. I pulled my covers over my head, willing her to go away.

"Go away, go away, go away!" I yelled back.

The covers left my hands as she ripped them off of me. She moved her face close to mine, her rancid breath stinging my nose. "I can’t leave."

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment