Monday, June 17, 2013

Promise Me This Review

**BTW If I have "missed" a post, PLEASE let me know because I had to get a new computer and I lost everything on my old laptop. Reviews, WIP, calendar and such is all gone-I'm trying to catch up. So If I missed yours please email me so I can add it to my list. Now onto the BEST part of my weekend:

Promise Me This

by Sarah Ashley Jones


**FYI The Cover Whore is me LOVES PMT's cover. The fact that the models on it are her real friends, makes me wish we were really friends. :))

Synopsis:

WARNING: This book is intended for mature readers due to strong language and sexual situations.

Welcome to the South - where the tea is sweet and the accents are sweeter. This Southern way of life is all Charlie has ever known. It’s not until she loses the only person who pushed her to break free of the Southern Belle mold that she starts living the life she needs and not the life her parents forced on her.

Jhett has lived on the edge for as long as he could remember - constantly teetering back and forth between being a rock star and living a normal life. His rebellious and sometimes arrogant attitude is known to get him into trouble, especially with the girls who hang on his every move.

Charlie never thought that a trip to pack up her brother’s apartment would leave her feeling even more unsettled about the grainy details of her brother’s death. Her quest for information leads her straight to his old hangout and into arms of Jhett, who suspiciously knows more about her situation than he ever should.

Only a few questions remain - Can you trust someone based on their word alone? And if you make a promise, how far will you go to keep it?

My Review

5 Stars


**Just dive in. I did. It was an AMAZING story**

Okay so I want to get this done in time for release day and I sincerely hope I do Sarah Ashley Jones and her novel Promise Me This, justice because I’ve sat here for twenty two minutes staring at a blank screen. I mean I even took notes. There are page numbers all over my hand…I flipping made my very first *fangirl* picture, in case you were unsure about how I was feeling. It was a really good book, Sarah Ashley Jones delivered so much more than I even expected, that I’m still struggling with the perfect words.

 

**Promise Me This was my personal paradise**

 Jhett and Charlie’s backstory’s and mannerisms are complicated in multiple aspects, tangled throughout their worlds are Cameron, Ginger and Hannah. All of whom tie their own knots in the plot and leave their own signature on each of the main character’s lives. Besides being a cover whore (and PMT’s cover is gorgeous, that I actually had to message Sarah after I saw her reveal and tell her how much I Loved it, kind of like a *bookish creeper* moment)! 


Hang out with us this summer! XOXO, @SummerBreak

**Okay so she reminded me of Charlie and her spirit**

She broke my heart, piece by piece. Each page I turned, the deeper into their stories I read, the more enthralled with PMT I became. Sarah made the right decision alternating points of views between Jhett and Charlie. Both added a depth of their own to the characters they represented and by the end, every detail and insight given played a role in character development and the fluency of the plot. Charlie is an energetic, passionate, wear-your-heart-on-your-sleeve kind of girl and her moments of shortcomings, regret and self-discovery we’re alive on the paper. I connected with Charlie immediately and connected with the story just as fast. Sarah doesn’t leave you waiting or giving you all the answers you think you want in the beginning. The lives they share are realistic and described with ease. I could not quit reading PMT. I had to know more.

 “The thing about Charlie was that she was passionate in everything she did. Whether she was happy, sad, mad, or excited; it didn’t matter…I knew how she felt about me; I could feel it emanating off of her.”-Jhett

“If you need to know one thing about me, Charlie, it’s that I’ll always be myself, no matter what others might want me to be.”--Jhett

Jhett is difficult in the best of ways. Uh, he’s the guy you want to claim, and let’s be honest sometimes tame. But his points of view grow throughout the story and you see how Charlie sees him changing. All the while Jhett has to face his own demons while helping Charlie battle hers and those are some of my favorite quotes and moments in the entire book. 

 

** Jhett is this week's BB. He may even last longer than a week. Just so freaking *breathes* hott and swoon worthy, everything about him screams sex appeal WITHOUT being cocky and "too" sexy. Muah. I'm in love. seriously. #JhettMafia**


In quite a few spots you’ll wonder if they’re fighting in vain and where their relationship is going to end. I loved how Sarah portrayed Jhett and although he is strong, smart and a musician, but he’s not in the story to solely save Charlie. You really need to read it to understand the connections made. Now a swoon moment:

 “I only hoped that I could live up to what she needed me to be. I never wanted to be the reason for her to feel anything less than the way she did in that very moment.”



Sarah really drives the knife home, making Promise Me This remarkable with the last quarter of the book. So much happens, most of which I never saw coming. And the one spot I stood a chance of getting correct, I completely missed. I have no idea what I was thinking. The twists that show themselves later, to me are some of the most key elements, that I thought I should have seen coming! The ending to Promise Me This is a completely different ending then I ever could have imagined. It’s beautifully written, flawlessly executed and I enjoyed everything. With the way PMT ends, I’ll be hanging on the edge of my seat for book two.

**So tell me, what's your Summer story?

Get Your Copy Here

Seriously, you won't regret it.





No comments:

Post a Comment