Monday, July 1, 2013

Blurred by Tara Fuller my Review

Blurred by Tara Fuller

**This MASTERPIECE was released today. Read it now.**

Seriously. I'm not kidding.
Reading book one isn't even an absolute necessity. But reading this story is.


Blurb



Cash is haunted by things. Hungry, hollow things. They only leave him alone when Anaya, Heaven’s beautiful reaper, is around. Cash has always been good with girls, but Anaya isn’t like the others. She’s dead. And with his deteriorating health, Cash might soon be as well.

Anaya never breaks the rules, but the night of the fire she recognized part of Cash’s soul—and doomed him to something worse than death. Cash’s soul now resides in an expired body, making him a shadow walker—a rare, coveted being that can walk between worlds. A being creatures of the underworld would do anything to get their hands on.

The lines between life and death are blurring, and Anaya and Cash find themselves falling helplessly over the edge. Trapped in a world where the living don’t belong, can Cash make it out alive?

My Review

5 Stars. ALL the stars in the sky

Tara Fuller weaved an experience into Blurred. There is remarkable depth inside this from the characters, their journey and the dark haunted world Fuller created for her reapers. Blurred, the second installment in this series officially made me a forever fangirl. The way she blurs the line between Heaven, Hell and the inbetween with only her words is amazing. I could see the things she spoke of and feel the emotions that were evoked between the characters. Fuller knows just what to say and when to say it to drive the scene home and leave a lasting impression. My world quit existing until I finally finished reading Blurred. Literally sat outside on the porch drinking coffee with my tablet gripped between my fingers, gasping from time to time, as well as contain my excitement in others.
**Yeah this is exactly what I was thinking about Blurred and Tara's characters**

Choosing to tell the story through Cash(Emma’s best friend from Inbetween) and Anaya was a wonderful choice and all the intensity I expected to be there was. There was actually more than I anticipated and their journey to the end was explosive. Cash provided plenty of swoon worthy moments as well as some torturous ones when I could feel the pain engulfing him. Even though I expected his story to be dark and twisty, I love how Fuller was still able to surprise me with revelations I never saw coming. Seeing as how his role ended in Inbetween his personality at the beginning of Blurred was expected. However his growth from page one was crafted impeccably. I devoured every scene but the ones where Cash and  Anaya interacted were filled to the brim with tension and their reactions were believable and realistic. Connecting with both of them was easy and at the end I didn’t even want to let go.

This is one of my favorite sentences in Blurred and I feel like it gives a glimpse into the passion burning in each character and just how emotionally taxing what they’re going through truly is. How every choice has the potential to haunt you forever or change you in ways you never saw coming.

“Every soul you touch will rot,” he whispered, stepping closer. “You will be hated. You will be feared. You will be the very thing inside of you that you’re trying to fight. Don’t let one pretty face trap you into that kind of existence.” –Noah (you’ll have to read it to find out more about him)
image
**Yes, yes that did just happen. Expect emotional outbursts to accompany you while reading**

Anaya, Anaya, Anaya…the poor girl. Her part in the story had my heart tied in knots. Fuller’s clearly has a talent for evoking emotions and reactions from her readers as well as her characters. She has a gift for timing and making the right choices with her words and scene set-ups. I found myself wanting to grab Anaya and tell her everything would work out, it had too. She’s been waiting a thousand years for this moment and I couldn’t believe how things were playing out. Through Anaya I was taken on a completely different journey, I witnessed her growth from the beginning as well and seeing how Tara blurred their tales together was an experience all its own. Reading it you can see that Fuller understands each and every one of her characters and how their choices will affect those around them.

I can’t wait to read the next book in her Kissed By Death series and would recommend these books to anyone who is looking to truly get lost in another world. The plot moves quickly and sinks its claws in from page one. Surprises lurk behind every corner and hard truths are revealed leaving you reeling until you read far enough to see just how the truth affects their lives.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment